An effective hair care discipline involves cleansing, toning , conditioning and oiling routines carried out in a systematic fashion.
Cleansing of Hair
Regular shampooing of hair frees it from dirt, thus cleansing it and giving it the much desired shiny look. But shampoos must be selected cautiously, according to your hair type- normal,oily or dry. For a specific hair type, a specific shampoo has to be used. But always remember to use a good shampoo or a mild shampoo .A harsh shampoo or soap can cause a great deal of damage to your tressers.
Lemon ensures dandruff free and absolutely clean hair. They key to beautiful hair is a clean scalp.
1. Squeezed lemons can be soaked overnight and the water can then be used to clean the hair.
2. Rub lemom juice all over your scalp and leave for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse off.
3. Mix equal quantities of onion and lemon juice and apply to your hair before shampoo.
Toning of Hair
Gentle massage of the hair leads to hair toning. It helps to stimulate the blood circulation leading to a healthy growth.
1. AMLA is a known hair tonic and a hair nourisher. It also promotes hair pigmentation, which makes the hair look dark. Soak amla in water overnight. Use this water to rinse hair.
2. Mix equal amounts of dried shikakai, amla and ritha and powder them. They can either be mixed and then powdered or powdered first and then mixed together. Soak 2-3 handfuls of this mixture over night in some water. It should not be too thin. Next day sieve it and use it to wash hair. It also promotes hair growth and prevents dandruff.
Conditioning of Hair
It is the most vital part of hair care. It aims at correcting the imbalance, caused due to harsh cleansing, sun or application of harsh chemicals such as hair lotions. After shampooing your hair, apply a good conditioner. A leave- in conditioner forms a coating on the hair preventing dirt and pollution from setting down in the process.
Amla, shikaki powder mixed with curd is a good conditioner and should be made use of.
Egg is a natural conditioner and gives bounce and shine to the hair
Lemon acts as a natural conditioner and used to make hair more silky and add shine to it .
BEER You can simply apply flat beer before washing hair. It helps in toning and conditioning the hair. It adds bounce and shine to the hair making it silky and shiny. Try it because it really works !
Oiling of Hair
Oiling at least once a week is necessary which improves the quality of your hair. It strengthens the hair roots, removes dryness in hair, gets rid of dandruff and repairs hair damage. The application of oil also facilitates the message which helps in the circulation of the blood. This inturn is responsible for good hair
Boil some dried amla pieces in coconut oil for a few minutes. Cool and sieve. Massage hair regulaly with this oil for thick and lustrous hair.It also works as a hair tonic for enriching hair growth and prevent hair loss
Massaging with aroma oils once a week reduces hairfall and makes them soft and silky. Rosemary oil and titri oil can also be used.